FIVE STAR CASE STUDY
Recruiting and retaining qualified drivers is challenging for businesses across all industries. High costs are associated with finding and on-boarding new drivers, making it critical for companies to proactively intervene with high-risk drivers before a disqualifying event occurs. That's where Five Star comes in.
CLIENT: Wonder Food Trucks
LOCATION: Springfield New Jersey
DURATION: 2 years (September 2019 thru September 2021)
FLEET SIZE: 60-80 Employees - 16 large vans equipped with mobile kitchens
OBJECTIVE: Establish a Driver Education program that will educate and teach safe driving skills in an effort to keep employees safe, reduce accidents and tickets.
Here are a few things we worked on:
1. Backing up with Cones
Improve confidence and skill in backing up the vans by utilizing mirrors and back up sensors properly.
1. Set 5 cones up in a straight line 6 feet apart
2. Then measure 5 feet off of the 5th cone at a 90 degree angle to create the back of the practice parking spot.
2. Head In Parking & Backing Up
Improve confidence and skill in Head-In Parking and backing straight into a spot by utilizing mirrors, camera and back up sensors properly.
1. Create Parking spot w/ cones (24ft x 10ft)
2. Then measure 24 feet out from the start of the parking spot and place a cone.